So, for the past month or so I have been itching to redecorate my bedroom. I'm slowly, but surely, buying most of the items that I need. When I say slowly, I mean very slow. Hehe. Just thought I'd share a few ideas on how I'd like my room to look like.
I absolutely love the whole vintage and rustic looks. You know, the browns with the whites with a little bit of black and gray everywhere. Where is my personal interior designer when I need one? Seriously. I'm glad Kaua'i has some great thrift stores around here because I've been finding most things there. I'm also taking a trip next month to Honolulu and they have some great things there, so my eyes will be wandering like a mad man trying to find good deals.
Here are a few things that I still need:1. A nice vintage dresser. Not too big, not too small. White, preferably.
2. Picture frames. Enough to make you go crazy.
3. Artwork. I started painting a few weeks ago, so some of my (not so fab) artwork will make a debut at Museum of Che'. Ha! I also thrifted a few pieces too, so that's a plus.
4. Window curtains. I learned that if you make them a little wider than the actual window frame, it'll create more of a "picture window" look (especially if, like me, you have a smaller bedroom).
5. Area rug.
6. Mirrors. 2, maybe 3. It'll help make my room seem a little bigger.
7. More pillows. 3 is NOT enough for me the "cuddler". Pillows now days are so expensive. Ugh.
8. A day bed. I currently have a king size bed and it's comfortable and I've fallen head-over-heels for it, but I literally have to cross the gulf of Mexico to get to the other end of my room. If I just confused you, I meant: it's too big for my room. So I figured a day-bed would go great in my room!
9. If I can't get a day-bed, I want to possibly get a bed frame to lift my bed off the floor. Or how about a queen size bed? Or...maybe a bigger room? Hahahahahaha. I just amused myself. (Sorry, it's late and I should be sleeping right now not blogging. I apologize.)
10. A vanity or writing desk. Either or would be great.
11. Acrylic paint. Anyone have any they'd like to donate? I'm being serious. I'll pay for shipping and a coffee :)
Well, ladies and gents this is a serious short-term goal that I am determined to finish by the end of the year. Yes, I know you're thinking "the end of the year?" well, yes. December will be here in no time, so...the end of the year it'll be (or Jan/Feb)?
So, besides all this decor talk, I love you all.
Thanks for being loyal followers of my somewhat lame blog. LOL (yes, I just said "LOL")
Keep it classy!