Monday, November 8, 2010

three (more) things i love


Kings of Leon


For those of you who know me you know that I love me some gooood music. Music that has kickin' basslines, a hearty dose of far from mundane lyrics and vocals and most of all, music that does the heart right! I love artists that can bring you to that specific moment in their life that gave them the unction to write about it; they can shape four chords, 2 verses and a chorus into the loneliest time or happiest time of their life. Aside from the "sound" of it all, I think that makes for some good music!

My number one on my list this week is Kings of Leon. I have to be honest with you, I found out about them just last year when they started to hit the mainstream level of success. So I really had to take a listen to their older stuff and throughout the albums "Aha Shake Heartbreak" and "Only By the Night" I have to say, I love it all! Then I hear their newest single "Radioactive" and thought it to be very "Kings of Leon-y"...you know, Caleb's raspy vocals and his families innate talent to compliment each other. Don't get me wrong, I loved it. But then... dun. dun. dun. I stumble upon a preview of each of their songs on their newest album (which I'm about to buy in the coming days) "Come Around Sundown" and I fell in love...again.

In almost every song, the bass line nearly shook me to pieces. I'm not just talking about "hearing" or "feeling" the bass, I'm talking about all these bass riffs (I don't even know if that's the right term) and swift moves. It was awesome! Not to mention everything else! I swear I felt like I was in good 'ol Nashville eating some corn on the cob and having endless nights of family parties. If you like them, don't like them or think their song "Use Somebody" was overplayed, please take a listen to this album. It's AMAZING! Some of my favorite tracks are: "The End", "Birthday", "The Immortals" and "Pyro"... Go! Go! Go!
-------------------------------

Cardigans

Thank you Jesus for the Fall/Winter seasons! My gosh, I just love cardigans! It's the best thing ever. I pair it with almost anything I want to: dresses, t-shirts, tanks. Endless creativity! I'm itching to get more! Hmm, online shopping is in the near future!
-------------------------------

Coastal Scents

So, the last thing on my list is Coastal Scents makeup. Now, I don't have much of a makeup/cosmetic obsession, but this, I love. One of my dearest friends is slowly working her way to becoming a makeup artist, so she suggested this brand of makeup to me. She personally wears it and has even given me great makeup tips! Coastal Scents is VERY inexpensive but is a true quality product. It didn't dent my wallet and it made my eyes pretty! This palette is the 88 Matte Palette and I love it! Another thing: shipping is fasssstt! I recommend this to everyone!

You can read an article on Chardonnay (my dear friend) here.
You can order Coastal Scents makeup and products here.

1 comment:

  1. thanks Che'!!
    i'm definitely making a purchase =)

    ReplyDelete