Wednesday, January 5, 2011

All Things Made New

It's the new year and everyone feels the urge to make resolutions and goals (like I have) and that's alright. Then we feel the kick die about a month later and some of those goals are suddenly on the back burner. We're all guilty of it, we're human; we make choices, we forget. As you can see from my latest post, I wrote down 10 goals that I am determined to accomplish within the next 12 months. I threw out the word "try" and replaced it with "I will". Now of course eating healthy is going to get a hearty "try", but nonetheless, this year will a great year.

One thing that I'm definitely starting today (and forevermore) is to continue to fall deeply in love with Jesus. There is no joke about that. Now that I think about that should have been number 1, not that I put them in any order, but still. It is so much more important than any of those goals I listed down there. My relationship with Jesus is amazing. But I need more of Him and less of me!

So, as I eat my apple jacks (day one of "eating healthy") I say to you: accomplish those goals. Whether they be goals from years ago or yesterday...finish them and let them know that you can accomplish them. May it be to travel the world or to simply find love, know that with a very endearing heart, non stop determination and encouragement you will be able to do it! Surround yourself with people who are positive and honest, friends who continue to speak life into every goal that you may want to achieve. And remember, with God all things are possible.

Go on, get your hands dirty, your feet wet and jump into the waters.



P.S. I absolutely LOVE the way Mike Renaud covered "The Climb". It may be a cliche song to say "achieve your goals", but Miley Cyrus said something worth hearing.

Keep it classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment