So, I've been thinking lately about a few things that are fun but very low-cost. I love doing things and going places, but if I can save a few bucks, I'm on it! Here are some of my ideas.
1. Go for it. Invite all your friends and tell them to bring their favorite dessert. Then swap recipes. Get fat and get happy.
2. Thrift shops are serious business. Half of the decor in my room are from there or dollar stores. You can't go wrong. See how many thrift stores you can cover in one day, look in every section and total up the amount you spent. You'll be surprised.
3. Bon Fires are fun. I know all of you on the mainland have really cold weather as of late, but if you can, make a small bon fire and cozy up with the recipe of love: s'mores.
4. I've never done this, but it's a great idea. Setup a space in your home or outdoors with lamps and a huge gray or white sheet and have fun with photography. Another thing you can do to switch things up is to host a regular party for friends and setup a laptop station and PhotoBooth. Your guests can snaps pics all night long. You do not have to be a pro at camera snappin', just get creative.
5. Collage days are fun! Go to a thrift store and buy different kinds of magazines. Cut them up, paste them down and show them to everyone. Glue your goals, future places you want to visit, desires of heart, you'll be very surprised to see everyone's different creativity.
If you'd like, just pop out some drinks and finger foods to accommodate your guests. You'll be fine and so will all of your amazing achievements.
(photo background of the Golden Gate via The Middle East)