Thursday, February 10, 2011

Music ABC vol. 2

Welp, it's another week and we're back with some sweet, good, wholesome music for you pretty little ears. Take a listen and "B" happy. Good day, loves.

Bob Dylan - Tangled up in Blue
Old school Bob Dylan when he was a wee bit younger is the Dylan I love. circa 1974


Bowerbirds - Crooked Lust
I was just introduced to this group and, obviously, I love them. Especially this song. It's kind of haunting but beautiful in all the same ways. As you can tell, I'm a very folk-y person.


Bethany Joy Galeotti - Scheming Star
Another obvious fact about myself is that I love One Tree Hill, and honestly I am soo not ashamed of that. Ha ha, but amongst all the other reasons why I love the show is BJG (her character is a singer). I love her voice, but I absolutely adore it when she sings in this jazzy/1940's genre. She does it well.


Bon Iver - For Emma
This is one of my ALL TIME (emphasize on the caps lock) favorite songs. Just like in most of his songs, Justin Vernon has the sweetest tenor/soprano voice ever. The pain that he sings of in this song is almost contrary to my own life, which is probably why I like it. Masochism? No. Just the beauty you can find in surviving pain is wonderful. Alright, but seriously...this is total swoon material.


I'm sorry, I wish I could have found the live versions of these, but I couldn't. Boo. But enjoy. Who are some of your favorite musical talents that start with the letter "B"? xo




1 comment:

  1. Absolutely LOVE the Bowerbirds song. :]

    ReplyDelete