Thursday, March 31, 2011

Foodies - BBQ Pork and Veggie Kabobs

Looks yummy, eh? Here's an easy recipe that my sister Kiani and I threw together yesterday. The clock struck 12 and it was lunchtime, so like we usually do we try to find something in the fridge that's easy to make and healthy. My sister is one who can look at a broccoli and think of 25 different recipes with broccoli, I on the other end will look at it and think: "Mom, can we order pizza?" Total bad habit. But we put on our thinking caps and grilled up some delicious bbq pork kabobs. Talk about divine goodness!

This entire recipe was created in a matter of 3 minutes looking in the ice-box and another 3 looking at the spice rack. We also "measured to taste" the BBQ sauce. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 roll of pork (defrosted)
Broccoli
Onions
Bell peppers
Skewers

BBQ Sauce (combine all):
1 1/2 cups of Ketchup
2 cups of BBQ sauce (your choice)
2 pinches of Red Chili Pepper flakes <----key!
garlic salt to taste
Cut the pork into medium size square chunks, along with your onions and bell peppers. Mix the pork into the BBQ sauce and let it sit and get juiced up. Add onto skewers alongside the veggies and throw them on a medium heat grill. Grill these babies till the pork is cooked all the way through....

Then...devour it like there is no tomorrow. Yeah, thank me later.

6 comments:

  1. How yummy...I haven't had kabobs in a long time and now I want one! :)

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum-o! That looks delicious! Wow, do I sound like Rachel Ray or what? *smile*
    *Allie*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious! Now I'm really hungry:P I just found your blog and I am now following you thanks to Fab Friends Friday, and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog;)
    Also today we have the coolest blog hop there is... no rules just fun and would love you to join in with us at Boost My Blog Friday, where you can meet lots of friends and have a great time:) See you there!
    Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, sometimes I am totally with you on the let's just order pizza thing! It's hard to be creative with food, especially when you're ALREADY hungry. This looks delicious though!

    Found you through FTLOB... and I love your blog :) Totally following you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious!! Thanks for sharing! New follower by the way! And a fellow Hawai'i dweller! :)

    ReplyDelete