Friday, March 4, 2011

Movies and Family Time

Hi everyone! Just a quick little post before my day actually starts and I get super busy! We've got 3 kids at the daycare today (small number, but big drama) and I'm typing this with fierce swiftness. Yeah, that was my lame attempt to make like I can type suuuuper fast. Anyways, my sister, my cousin and I have decided to join a little "Iron Chef" competition tonight for our church. We're fundraising money to take a bunch of youth to a Spring Break conference in Maui...in two weeks! So we're hard at work today prepping and putting our little ninja chopper machine to work! Ahhh. Can I scream now? I don't even cook! But my sister does and she's the bomb and because I love her soo much (and because I want to go to Maui with the kids) I entered with her. BBQ chicken, hit me with your best shot! By the way, I love Mark Dacascos.

Speaking of "ninjas" and hitting people with your best shot, I watched Ong Bak 3 last night and I was amazed! One of the best movies I've seen thus far. And you want to know something? I never watch movies like this. Ever. So as most of our family started to feast their eyes on the talent of Tien (Tony Jaa) I pouted my lips and tried to fall asleep. Half-an-hour later, my eyes were wide open cheering on Tien and realizing the wisdom and truth that was the backdrop of it all. Really good movie. I highly recommend it. Oh, and please watch the first two before you watch this one. Unlike me, backwards lady, I watched the "final chapter" first. Who does that?! Ha.
So, while I chop veggies and mix up the best BBQ ever (cheeaayah right) I hope you all have the a great weekend. Keep it classy. Say a prayer for our Iron Chef comp. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and think you are just too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping over from FTLOB...

    An IronChef competition!!! How fun is that?!?! I Have hever heard of Ong Bak 3, but I Have taken note ;) It looks like something my 7 year old boy would LOVE!!! We LOVE family movie night! So, thanks for the review!!!
    Great meeting you through you blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and, by the way... can't wait to see what your braclets look like when you get your Etsy shop up and running... I will have to look you up... I just started my Etsy Shop!! Etsy Shop virgin, right here! Yeah, that's me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. visiting from weekend wander. cute blog...3 kids in daycare? Oh my a busy one you are!! LOL

    ReplyDelete