Thursday, March 10, 2011

Three Things I Love

So this week, only one of these I actually have and use on a daily basis. As for the other two, one will soon be on order and the other is slowly taking every ounce of my courage to do it. Enjoy!
 -----------------------------

TRESemme No Frizz Shine Spray
 Um, hello little bottle of happy goodness! This thing treats my hair sooo well and I only pay about $4 for it. I'm not a "spend $60 bucks on shampoo" kind of gal (and that's probably why I don't have thee nicest hair ever...like really nice). I like the drugstore products. And this one, he's a keeper. I spray it in after I brush my (thick) hair and just let it set and then I style it. Good stuff!
-----------------------------

Christa Black's God Loves Ugly
I just heard about this book and finally listened to her song with the same title. A-MA-ZING. I have yet to get my hands on the paperback (which I'll be ordering when I get back from SB in Maui) and when I do I just know that I will not be disappointed! Here is a little description of the book:
"DO YOU EVER LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND HATE WHAT YOU SEE? Your eyes can lie. Rejection, shame, and self-hatred can poison perceptions and hinder us from seeing and believing what's actually true. In GOD LOVES UGLY Christa Black shares her personal victory against powerful adversaries--her thoughts, feelings, and reflection. From world-touring stadium performer to rehab-bound bulimic binge eater, Christa's unashamed transparency will win your heart, hold your attention, and give you practical tools to overcome the monsters that can consume our lives. She invites the reader into her own painful struggles and spiritual journey, providing solutions to life's problems in a highly entertaining and vulnerable, yet empowering way. You were made to live free. Whether you are struggling with an eating disorder, depression, addiction, or just feeling a little insecure, GOD LOVES UGLY will shift the way you think, motivate permanent change, and inspire your heart to find peace."  via Amazon
You can listen to her song, purchase her music and book here.
-----------------------------
 
Bird Tattoos
They're beautiful! I've always loved looking at birds (except for owls!) and these I adore. I don't have any ink on me but if I ever decide to get one, it would be like these. To me, they represent so much more than just a "bird"...there's freedom, letting go, liberation. One of these days...



1 comment:

  1. I love the bird silhouette one! so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete