Thursday, March 31, 2011

Youth Group

Hello everyone! Last Friday night at our weekly youth night, we had a special night where we set ourselves (the youth leaders) as panelists to answer questions about anything and everything. We got to give a short testimony of our lives when we were in HS and all the things that God has brought us through. There was tons of laughter and some tears, but the younger kids were touched! A lot of them had questions about staying pure before God and drinking/smoking...and heartbreak. My dear friend Joelle said: "I'd rather get punched in the face 100 times then EVER go through heartbreak again!" I concur. Having your heart broken sucks!

We had an amazing time. So amazing that my crappy camera decided to take low quality pictures. Uh? Really? So don't mind the blurry pictures! Anyways, besides cameras that don't do their job (sony cybershot!), a lot of the youth made the decision to make God their number one choice and commit themselves to living their lives for him. It's a choice that I made when I was 12, too. Of course we all make mistakes, bad choices so it was really about teaching them to pick themselves up and keep walking the straight and narrow. God is good!
Oh, these are some of the girls in the youth group that I mentor...we're missing a lot of the girls in there. But they're beautiful and they have amazing hearts and stories that would blow you away. To see all the things they've been through and them still choosing to serve God at such a young age brings me to tears! I'm a proud mama.

Check out our Facebook page here.



1 comment:

  1. How FUN! You always look like you have a great time anywhere and you pictures always show it too! :)

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete