Monday, April 4, 2011

There Went the Weekend

 I can't believe the weekend was that short. Same two days as normal...just really really short. I think it was too "short" because I had a great weekend. 
We had a "Party in the Park" aaaallll the way on the north shore of Kaua'i in the beautiful town of Hanalei. Some of you may have heard of this place; lots of big name surfers come from here...and so does my mom.
A lot of people came out and we had fun playing water games with the kids. Gave them a short 5-minute message about how much God loves them, sugar'd them up with lots of cotton candy and fed them hot dogs! Some might say, it was a perfect day.
 
We took the party to Hanalei pier.
You might recall this pier entire town from Colbie Caillat's "The Little Things" video and Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours" video.
I recall this place from endless summer nights as a young child, sticking my toes in the sand listening to my parents reminisce of their childhood memories on this very beach.
I sure am blessed.

On Sunday Palani and Tyren flew down from Maui to visit so we took them to thee best saimin stand in Hawaii.
Great food, great laughs and too much hot mustard.
It was a great way to end the weekend!


Hope y'all had an awesome weekend. 
Be back in a few...

6 comments:

  1. Wow, That sounds like an amazing weekend! I wish I could visit Hawaii at least once:)
    *Allie*

    ReplyDelete
  2. u've got some gorg' captures * times flies when ur havin' fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun all around!!! I had no idea that was the pier in Colbie Caillat's video...I love it!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow so pretty i'm jealous of your weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. my goodness a weekend in your pretty place looks so amazing...i can see how the time just flies by :) i love seeing pieces of your world pretty lady...always makes me so so happy! xo

    ReplyDelete