Thursday, July 28, 2011

a heart for kitchens

Last night, my best friend Chasidy and I made a random trip to Home Depot to look for laundry racks. We ended up walking through the entire store lost in the jumble of wood, toilet displays and an array of colors like I've never seen. Then we made our way through the kitchen displays and I fell in love! No, there wasn't a "decent-looking-my-type-of-guy-with-facial-scruff" HD worker sporting an orange apron with his name handwritten on the top right corner. No, no, no. My dream kitchens stood before me leaving me drooling (not really) over how I wanted a piece of each one! Then I came back down to Earth when I laughed out loud because the Ikea scene from (500) Days of Summer played in my head.

Yes, I'm weird.

Anyways, Chas and I talked about our dream kitchen and how when we each get married, we'll go over to each others home and bake and have dinners with our husbands while our kids play in the living room. Yep, we're big dreamers...

So here's a little ode to the kitchen decor that make weekly debuts in my head as I'm washing dishes or writing. As you can tell, I love the traditional look and I am head-over-heels for open cabinets and shelves. It gives a kitchen a little spin. I also like the beauty in modern styled counter tops and cabinets and appliances (like the above pics) but in my heart, I'd pick the mixy-matchy styles of the kitchens below; it has more of a "home-y" feeling to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment