Monday, August 8, 2011

30 days about me // Day 4: Favorite Book

my bookshelf
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

This book and all of it's 500-something page glory is one of the best books I've ever read.
I wasn't much of a reader back in high school, but having best friends that loved to stick their noses in books helped out after high school, after the fact. But besides that fact, Redeeming Love took me back into the heart of God and His everlasting love for His children; those who believe in Him and even those that don't, He loves them, He loves us. I cried, I got angry and yelled at my book (play that in your head) and I clenched this poor paperback to the death. 
Everything about it was beautiful. Based on the book of Hosea in the Bible, Francine Rivers paints a colorful and sometimes dark and painful picture of love: between man and wife, people and their past but most of all the love God has for us. The things that happen in life that may seem hard and unfair but precious to the purpose and plan that which God created us for. Sure, it's a love story of all sorts, but I like to call it an allegory. 

Go read it. It'll change your life. Pinky swear.

30 Days About Me

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of that but love your photo and will have to check it out because I am always looking for a book to read.

    ReplyDelete