Wednesday, August 10, 2011

30 days about me // Day 5 & 6

Day 5 // Your Favorite Quote
I have a lot of favorites, but this one would have to be somewhere in the top 10. 
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."
-C.S. Lewis
Yep. How awesome is that quote. C.S. Lewis is one of my favorite writers of all time.

--------------------------
Day 6 // Most Treasured Item
 I don't really own anything expensive. I think the only really expensive thing I own is my iPhone 4. I'm serious. It doesn't really bother me, though. Sometimes I can't trust myself with expensive stuff. But one thing that I consider to be a treasured item would have to my Bible. I love this thing. When I'm feeling down, I read the promises that God has spoken over my life. Even when I'm happy, I read this. It seriously gives me life and refreshes me; like manna from Heaven. However, I really wish I would read it more.
A few years ago, when I worked in a tiny bookstore, a lady came in asking about Bibles and I went over each version and she ended up leaving with my study Bible. It was my first study bible that went with me to every church service, conference and even to bible school in Dallas. Nowdays, you can buy a Bible app (which I did), but I still love that bible up there!



30 Days About Me

2 comments:

  1. So I kinda LOVE that quote by C.S Lewis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love the quote!

    ReplyDelete