Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Around the Quarters


Happy Tuesday lovelies!
I thought I'd share a little peek into my room and some of it's so-called decor and books. I've always found my room to be a place where I can lay on my bed in complete silence and process my own thoughts without anyone else near me. That's part of the reason why I don't have a TV in there. I'm surrounded by most of my everyday necessities, journals that hold secrets and emotions that I have only shared with God, books full of stories that I love to be involved in and tons of pictures that bring me back to a lot of happy times in my life. It's a normal sized bedroom and I couldn't be happier that I got the room with the best carpet (and I have a king size bed. JOY!).

Another thing that has grown on me is the fact that my room faces the road. I was never a huge fan of that, but my curtains are being made soon and I couldn't be happier for that! No, but really, sometimes it's nice to have the luxury of looking out of the window in the morning time and seeing the grass watered naturally and hearing all the couples take their early morning walk around the block. Of course when it's trash night and the big yellow county truck veers it's way loudly down the street, that doesn't sit well. But, I have a room and trash is only once a week, so I shouldn't complain.

1. I love fleur de lis decor. It's actually a lily (translation: lily flower) and you all must know how much I love lilies. One day I'll share the story of why my blog is called Lily Love...
2. I used our old kitchen stools as a nightstand. It's perfect. It can hold all my lovely pictures and my journal.
3-4. My bookshelf. I have tons of books, this is just my top shelf. I got "Geography of Love" as a birthday gift from one of my best friends Chasidy. "Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis is next on my list, after "Water for Elephants" (which is a really great book).
5. I've had this frame for over 5 years. It was given to me by my other best friend (yep, I have two) Tyresa. This frame goes everywhere I go; it even went with me to Dallas back in '08.
6-7. Bangles, bangles, bangles. I ♥ them.
8-9. In real life, this bulletin board is driving my OCD side mad because it's slightly crooked. Oh well. I call this my mini inspirational board. Oh yeah, that's my big head when I was about 6 years old.

What do you love about your room?

Oh and one last thing before I forget...
This week I'll be sharing tips on how to "study" your closet and how to take what you have and organize it. 
Come and check us out on Thursday. 
I'm sooo excited. 
Be here!


2 comments:

  1. I totally need inspiration, my room is in shambles right now! I'm gearing up for a yard sale with my BFF & I can't wait to get some of this stuff out of here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do know I love your blog, right? Seriously!!! By the way, there's not a single picture of me in any of those snapshots.

    ReplyDelete