Monday, August 1, 2011

August Goals

 (photo via we♥it)
It's August and I haven't done a "goals post" since May. My lovely (newly found) cousin, Tiera did a post yesterday about her weekly goals and it reminded me to do one too!

I think I may count today, August 1st, as a "summer is officially over" kind of day. This summer went by in a flash, but as fleeting as it was, it was one of the best summers I've had in years! I spent almost a full month with family that was visiting from the mainland, I had an amazing 24th birthday at a beautiful hotel with all the people I love, I've seen so many beautiful sunsets (but not enough sunrises) and I've been sunburnt for the better half of summer.

Soon it'll be Fall and as soon as we know it, we'll be celebrating summer all over again. I have a little mini break until ministry picks up again and we'll be nose diving into event after event. Let's see...
  • Shape-up. I'm re-joining Zumba again today at my church. I need to loose at least 40 pounds by Christmas. No joke.
  • Speaking of Christmas, I need to start on some Christmas shopping. I'm preparing early...
  • Be steady in my blogging. Consistency, Che'Lyssa!
  • 120 followers by October? 
  • Write more, read more and journal a lot more.
  • Buy a camera preferably a Nikon D3100. These Instas and Hipsta pictures aren't cutting it for every post. 
Ehh, just a small goal post. What are your goals for the next few months?

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you're still writing strong. I need to keep up. Time to revamp LC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with zumba. I've never tried it but have heard good things about it. I'm going to follow you so yay for another follower :) Your goals are admiring I should put a list together myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do it girrrl! I'm with ya on getting in shape, my ass needs to get to the gym -- It's the least I can do since I'm paying for it every month haha... And I started my Christmas shopping on my recent trip to LA, and I'm going again in October so I hope to finish while I'm there! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh my goals are so similar! I'd love to shape up and I can't wait to move and have a fresh start. Write more and read more are forever on my list, and thank God I bought myself a Nikon a couple of weeks ago so I could cross that one out. Good luck with the followers, I wish you get a lot more then 120 by October!
    xxx,
    lily
    http://lilycupcake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. great goals! I try to post goals every month too. this month I'm focusing on shaping up as well! :) good luck to you!
    xo, kimberly
    http://lushdeez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete