Monday, August 1, 2011

Let's Love

(photo via we♥it)

How many of you can say that love has changed your life? 
That question can pose a lot of answers, but I'm not just talking about boy-meets-girl kind of love, I'm talking about all kinds of love.
The love we have for our parents
The love our parents have for us
The love we share when our family goes through something (good or bad)
The love we have for the simple things in life
The love we share with our best friends
The love we have for food 
The love we have to see better things being done in this world
The love we feel when someone genuinely says something beautiful about you...
...and the list goes on.

All of those "types" of love are an innate and tangible love that can be expressed in so many ways! As you might already know, I spent the summer with a lot of extended family who I rarely get to see and them being here for a month has taught me a lot about love. Sure, I can't wait until I get to express love in a different way with my soul mate (who I'm waiting for, by the way. He'll find me soon), but the love that I can share now while I'm single (even when I'm not single) is pretty amazing. 

So whether you have three kids, a wonderful husband and a dog or you're like me and a single twenty-something, just know that you can spread love a ton of different ways. Call a friend who you haven't spoken to in a while just to say hi, hug someone, write a letter... speak life into people. That's one way to love.

Try these and you'll never have to say "love hasn't changed my life yet". Love is at the doorstep and it's a-knockin'. Answer the call.
 

1 comment:

  1. i couldn't have said it any better.

    ♥elisabeth

    ReplyDelete