Friday, September 23, 2011

Nostalgia Part I


 I was going through all the photos on my computer and stumbled upon a few pics that instantly made me smile! For the most part I had a fairly great childhood and I miss those days so much. Not a care in the world, less electronics and tons of family time. Now we're all growing up, having kids, getting married and it's beginning to sink in that I really am an adult. 

1-2 // We're the "older" kids on my mom's side and nowadays we're really felling that "older kid" title. Anyways, I think I was about 4 years old (I'm the one with the pink sweater) and our entire family took a trip to Koke'e State Park. It get's super cold up there (hence the sweaters) and we used to build fires and roast marshmallows and drink hot cocoa and swim in the fresh water ponds. Is it weird that we used to watch old school Bruce Lee movies? For some reason, I remember watching that on the huge deck of the cabin.

3 // I love this picture. This must've been a year after pics 1 and 2. My mom is the last one all the way to the right holding my sister. My dad is one of those shirtless dudes in the glasses standing on the stairs. I'm on the second to last step sitting behind Riley's mom. My gosh do I love the people in here.

4 // Seriously, Willow Smith didn't know that I whipped my hair long before she was born. I was in 2 1/2 years old in this picture. Some people ask me if this was a wig! HELLO. I still have this full head of thick hair on me. I blame the Hawaiian blood.

5 // Shantel, me and my sister Kiani. My sister looks just like my mom in this photo. And I was seriously the tallest Kindergartener with the biggest head. Oh my gosh! Doesn't matter cause this pic makes my heart leap with joy!

I found a lot more so stay tuned for my teen years. Eeeek!

Happy Friday friends.
Love to you all.





3 comments:

  1. Oh gracious... those pictures are sooo beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I love looking at old family photos, especially at my grandma & papa's place in Kona cause my grandma seriously took pictures of EVERYTHING! It's crazy to see my dad as a kid, what HI used to look like, and see my papa before he was bolo head haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are adorable! I LOVE looking back on old photos :)

    ReplyDelete