Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Children's Ministry Christmas Party


We had our annual Children's Ministry Christmas party last night and I had a blast! We have a lot of youth assistants and they do so much with the kids and it was a fun way to bless the workers and have a fun relaxing time.  The food was amazing, Christmas music played throughout the house (remember that house I got to spend my weekend in? with the hot tub and beautiful views? that's where we were last night!), we laughed to our heart's content while playing holiday charades. Did I mention that the food was amazing?


 Our Children's ministry department at our church, like all the other ministries, are busy year round, so to end the year sitting in a comfortable couch drinking my cup of coffee next to the people (adults and youth) who pour out their lives for the children truly is an amazing feeling.

We have the best Children's director (pictured below sitting next to me) who carefully and meticulously invests her time into every one of the leaders and youth assistants. She's one of my mentors and have helped me so much this year with learning how to lead a ministry that consists of dealing with children from every background and teaching them the gospel of Jesus Christ. You know how Lindsay Lohan's "Mean Girls" character called her math teacher "a pusher, she's a drug pusher"? Well, my mentor is like that, but in all the good ways (and to clarify she does not push drugs). But she has pushed me to walk out of my comfort zone - for example: Easter Egg Hunt this year, 1,000 people in the crowd, me on the stage giving the message about Jesus - that was one of the scariest moments of my life, but next to my parents, there she was... pushing me. Can't wait for next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment