Wednesday, December 14, 2011

iheartlily photography // kahiwamai vol. 1


I finally got behind the camera again and it felt oh so good! This time around, I had one of the best people in the world to help me shoot. Kahiwamai and I have been really great friends for the past year or so, but have known each other for the past five years.

For the past 2 months, I have been scouring thrift shops and garage sales for any type (vintage, retro, grungy) of clothing I could find. I found the teal top at a Salvation Army and Kahiwamai found her leather skirt in her mom's closet. A close friend of mine was on hand to shoot and do her hair and makeup. 

I was driving home one day and a stretch of tall trees caught my eye and through it I could see a small clearing and honestly, it reminded me a little of Twilight. No joke. I instantly knew that this is where I wanted to do her shoot. Something about the lightness of her skin and the earthy tone of all the grass, leaves and trees made me know that this shoot would turn out great! Indeed it did! We had a blast driving through sticks and bush and even got a little bit scared at the quietness that screamed through the desolate clearing!

Enjoy the high cheek bones.

Watch our behind-the-scenes video and stay tuned for the other looks that I will debut in the next few days!









1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! You totally nailed the perfect natural, Twilight-y location :)

    ReplyDelete