Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Top 5 Albums of 2011 // No. 3 - Bon Iver


When I heard that this album (and it's tracks) we're up for various Grammy awards, I nearly fainted from excitement - okay, maybe not actual faint-worthy news, but my heart leaped and did somersaults. There is just something about Justin Vernon's voice that always take me to a place of familiarity and it makes me feel warm and comfortable. Just writing about it makes me feel good. The first song I heard from Bon Iver was "Roslyn" which was featured on "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" soundtrack (one of my fave movie soundtracks) and I was immediately drawn to him. I remember staying up all night stalking YouTube for any Bon Iver videos. I don't regret a thing.

Favorite song: Holocene - it is almost a tie with For Emma from his For Emma, Forever Ago album

No comments:

Post a Comment