Monday, December 26, 2011

an open letter to my insecurities


Dear Insecurities,
You suck. You suck hardcore and every time you show up in my life, your "suck-yness" percentage goes up. You batter me with non-stop talking and bantering about how much you think I can't and won't do something. All you do is scream and shout and, frankly, I'm getting so tired of you...and after the last 12 years of my life having to deal with you, I'm getting rid of you.

Along with all the weird, crazy and forgettable things that have happened in 2011, I'm dumping you and leaving you for something better. You'll no longer leave a mess up there in my head, and my heart... my precious little heart will no longer be broken by you. 

I'm going to be like a bird... flying free in the wind not even caring about what you have to and want to say to me. So go on, scream as loud as you want, but baby, I just left you and I am not looking back!

I'm going to wear those nice shoes that I've been wanting to wear all year long and I'm going to lose weight and run around the neighborhood in my nice Champion shoes and not care who's watching me. And y'know, I'm going to wear the dress AND take a picture of it AND put it on my blog. I'm not going to shy away from what I can do, that's your job and I've already kicked you to the curb.

So insecurity, take that and rewind it back because I just wrote a letter to you that'll make your mouth go "gasp!" and even if that Usher lyric line wasn't taken humorously by my readers, I'm laughing and you're not.

Goodbye, you are the weakest link.

Love, 
Che'Lyssa

2 comments:

  1. all i can do is say this: <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. So heartfelt, thanks for sharing.

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete