Saturday, December 3, 2011

two wonderful years

 Blogging has become a huge part of my life. It consumes me, it makes me sit in front of a computer for hours trying to write a post that is at least half as meaningful as a classic novel. This place eats up my life and it does it in all the good ways possible.

I love this place, this space where I allow strangers to pick my brain of it's daily contents. I'd even call this place my second "bedroom": my secret place where I write what's on my heart and all the pretty things that flutter through my head.

I love Lily Love!


I remember writing my first post under the blog name I Heart Lily about donating blood. Because I didn't have any internet connection at home at the time (December 2009), I sat in the library for the whole hour that they let you have on their computers and wrote about my story about enjoying the feeling of a needle poking into my forearm. Then I wrote ten things that I wanted for Christmas that year and I think I only got one: Michael Buble's "Crazy Love" album. And I enjoyed it. I had ZERO followers and convinced myself that at least a 100+ people were secretly reading my blog and didn't know how to work the comment box.

Then, that holiday season, my grandma suddenly died and my world literally came crashing down on me. I saw her one day and then the next day she was laying on her hospital bed with faint hope in her eyes. Then she was gone... the day after Christmas. Gone. 

And there went my wanting to do anything remotely human. I was on the brink of depression and I let myself slip a little just to try and fill the huge hole in my heart. Even if I knew that my grandma was in a better place, I went into 2010 a very unhappy person and my usual gateway out of that unhappy state was to write, but I didn't want to write anything about it on my blog. So, I wrote like crazy in my journal. 

On a whim, I signed up for cable + internet with the sole purpose of wanting to blog like crazy because my journal was filled with too many tears. I blogged about Bon Iver, wanting to be loved, wanting to be hugged and a few short poems that I wrote. It kept my mind off of all the other stuff and it sparked an inspirational bug in me.

The rest is history. I learned how to share my thoughts in a much more creative way and that helped me not only with the passing of my grandma but with other things in life as well. I have met a TON of amazing people through Lily Love and am so grateful for each and every one of you lovelies.


For the next two weeks, I'll be sharing a few posts from over the past two years that I have enjoyed writing and sharing with each of you.

Happy Birthday, Lily Love!

PS- Many have asked what's the reason behind Lily Love's name. My only answer is that I'll have to wait a little while more in order to fully answer that question. :)

*my first header :)

3 comments: