Wednesday, February 29, 2012

italy // rome in a day (image heavy)

We literally had an entire day - 8 full hours - to see all that Rome offers! My main goal was to find the Colosseum and when we did, I was one happy girl. Everything was beautiful: the architecture and the ruins that were in between streets and new buildings. It was very "city-ish" and very different from Venice. It was fun competing with cars while crossing the street; they have nor do they show any mercy for pedestrians. It started to rain, but that didn't damper our spirits. 

Because we were there for only a day, we didn't go into any museums :( but we did get to go on a tour bus and that was interesting. We didn't get to see the Pantheon or the Trevi Fountain which was another bummer too. Above are pictures of the Colosseum, St. Peter's Basilica and the outer parts of the Vatican City, streets of Rome, The Capitol and random ruins. 

This is a country I would love to visit again someday! It's still on my list!





2 comments:

  1. Lovely. Rome in one day is tough. I was there for two days, and had two lovely guides, who are my friends, one of them grew up in Rome. They showed me around and I got to see tons of places. Of course even two days is too little time, you'd need a month. So you were there now? They got rid of all the snow they got lately then:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I can't wait to visit Rome one day, so much culture, history and beauty there :) And love you working that bright orange umbrella, lol!

    ReplyDelete