Monday, May 14, 2012

mother's day


Mother's day was a blast! Spent the early morning at church (of course!) and then headed down to our favorite spot with all of our family and friends and lounged the day away. We had the complete spread of prime rib, omelet station, turkey and stuffing, thai chicken sticks and my mom's famous beef stew ... at the beach! I was kind of bummed because I think I ate something and it made my stomach so upset that I found myself in the bathroom for a while, throwing up. Lo and behold, I felt better and enjoyed the rest of the day!


For a few minutes I found myself alone laying on a blanket enjoying the sun and shade and the sound of the waves crashing on the shore and the only thing I was thinking about was my mom. I'm so thankful for her. Everything that she does - I'm thankful for. She's always keeping me on my toes and making sure that I get things done and without her, I wouldn't be where I am today! I thought about how much of a great mother I want to be one day and how much of great wife I want to be, too. And all of that will come into play someday and I'll always think about my mom. All of her triumphs and trials and I'll always remember how hard she works for our family and how much she loves us - even when I'm grouchy!

She really is the best. 
So mom, because I know you'll read this - I love you. A thousand times over, I love you.

Love, your Che Che.


No comments:

Post a Comment