Wednesday, May 9, 2012

working the pieces out

 I finally got off of my butt and started exercising. I realized that I made one too many excuses about why I don't run or why I don't like to go walking. I said to myself: "Really? That's how you want to be for the rest of your life? Full of excuses and unhealthy ways? It's time for a change, Che'"

Getting out and exercising has been a thrill. My entire family (parents, sister, aunties, uncles and cousins) have been walking/jogging together for the past three weeks now and I love it! I'm not much of a runner, but I'll jog for a few and then power walk and then pick it up again. I've learned (from watching MMA videos and docs) how to literally push the pain out of my mind and cause myself to look at it as a mind over matter situation. Now, you might be asking...pain? What pain? OUT OF SHAPE PAIN. My legs hurt, my knees are ready to buckle, I'm out of breath and I just want to go home. "You got this Che'! You run to that tree and you don't stop!" I tell myself. As soon as I know it, 4 miles is up and I'm on my way home filled with contentment and joy that I can finish a decent workout and not pass out. 
 I am so tired of looking the way I do. Okay, wait. I love the way I look and have really found my security in Jesus and through it all he has made me more confident than I have ever been. BUT, I want to be healthy. I know that I will never be a size 2 or 4, but I can be healthy. I can loose my tummy and my flabby arms. I can lose my double-chin, I can be toned and I can be healthy. I can, I can, I can and I will!

I will.

Here are some pics of the beautiful view I get to look at on every run. All photos have been taken with my iPhone.
[Follow me on instagram: @chelyssamae]




2 comments:

  1. I love this Che! Way to go! That is so awesome that you have your whole family with you! An awesome support group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful. This is my first stop here and this post is so inspiring. I need to start running!

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete