Monday, November 18, 2013

in a nutshell

Life has been a bit of a whirlwind as of late and although I'm still trying to catch my breath from the latest events, I'm enjoying every single moment. To be honest, I think that sometimes life is appreciated more when it gets busy because when you have those moments of calmness, you truly appreciate what your life has become. 

| Thankful for... I am thankful for my family and my friends. Being twenty-six and finally realizing that you do not need 40 different types of friends because 2 or 3 really honest, trustworthy people will be sufficient enough. Having come to the realization of that has been one of the most liberating things this year. Also having those three "honest Abe's" in my life has really set me on the right track. And my family, well... they've always been there and I'm always thankful for them. 

| Excited about... Well, first off, it's pouring rain and the house is quiet and if you know me, I get really excited about that. Ha! Mostly, I'm excited about the holidays: the dinners, the camaraderie between friends and family, the presents, the parties. My heart is skipping beats just looking forward to all of the fun days/nights ahead. Oh, I'm also excited to watch Thor. Only because Tom Hiddleston is in it.

| Annoyed with... My medical plan. It needs to be better. Ok, that's all. 

| Happy with... two new jobs, the rain and that I finally sat down and wrote down my goals for the next year. 

| Listening to... Lots of Young the Giant, Daryl Hall + Rumer, Tupac and Kendrick Lamar. Such a weird mix, but my gosh does it get me through the day in the Lily Love workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment