Wednesday, November 20, 2013

music // my top 4


I love to listen to music. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, I need music. Whether it be driving, cleaning the house, blogging (I'm listening to "Lover of the Light by Mumford & Sons right now!) but mostly, I need music when I am working in my Lily Love workshop. Some days I'm on a bluesy kick and sometimes I'm listening to island jams, but these four albums have been keeping me alive on quiet days around the house. And thanks Spotify for always being on-point with the song selections!

1. Kenny Loggins, Celebrate Me Home - My goodness. If music be the food of love, I'd eat this album up. I heard my dad listening to it one day and as soon as "Celebrate Me Home" came on, I was sold. 

2. Young the Giant, Young the Giant - The lyrics people, the lyrics. It's those heart-wrenching, soul searching, deep to the core lyrics that have me hooked. It's golden. 

3. The Civil Wars, Dust to Dust - Do I even need to explain how great this duo is? When they announced that they were "splitting up" last year I cried and said a prayer to God that they'd reunite! God answered, because they're back in action and my heart is happy again. But really, this album stays true to who they are. You won't go wrong.

4. Mumford & Sons, Babel - O K... these guys too. The lyrics and the honesty and the organic sound of this album is what always keeps me hooked to these (beautiful) men. I loved Sigh No More so much and although I love that album much more than this one, this one still gives me the chills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment