Saturday, September 13, 2014

let love grow

It's probably best to say that life has been one little knot tied together by different experiences, new people, same friends, lazy days and wishful thinking. Ever had your heart beat so fast in excitement one day and then the next... lazily thumping while life passes by as you try to figure out your next move? You go and go and go and move along and then a minute later you're stopped in your tracks?

That has been life for the past 6 weeks.

To tell you the truth, it's not even a bad thing. This growth spurt that I'm going through has been amazing and hard all at the same time. I remember as a kid during all those "growing pain" years, I would cry in agony over how painful my muscles would get and all my mom could do was show me love and tell me "that's life, honey." I feel like I'm re-living that all over again.

This time, it's my walk with God. And although my mom still reassures me that "that's life, honey", I can hear God saying "don't give up, I've got great plans for you." Just like when I was a kid and my mom was in the corner cheering me on through the good and the bad, there's my God... my Jesus... cheering me on, loving on me and showing me that He is there, He never left and that my world fits in the palm of His big hands. Although I'm struggling with holding back my tantrums and hissy fits, God is right there in the midst of everything.

And I am constantly reminded of how loved I am. In my storms, He calms me. In my failure and shortcomings, He lifts me up and encourages me. In my fear and anxiety, His grace and peace are there to comfort me. His hand is there to comfort me, to carry me and to help me withstand whatever comes my way.

Jesus, you are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment