Saturday, January 10, 2015

reminiscent of italy









I was looking through my old pictures on my computer and stumbled on the photos from Italy. It's been almost 3 years since we took the trip, but I always think about it. I think about the architecture, the people, the language, the doors, the way of life, the food. I'll admit, being in a different country was weird but an experience that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

Venice was my favorite. Our hotel was in Mestre, right across the street from the train station. It was a 7-minute ride to the Venetian island they call the Canales Grande (Grand Canals). We got to experience it under the night sky and in the daytime. It was gorgeous. Breathtaking. We ate prosciutto from the train station ( (it was pretty safe, I think), we had pasta at a restaurant right next to the Rialto. The Rialto is a landmark; it's the only bridge that spans across the canal. We walked miles and miles passing little shops and restaurants. Two days of complete sight-seeing.

When we got back to our hotel, we would stay up and watch American movies such as Ten Things I Hate About You, Transformers, One Tree Hill and I, Robot. It would be 3am and we were up, wide-eyed and energetic while the rest of Italy slept.

I hope to return to Italy one day. Five days to explore cities and towns and to learn about the culture just isn't enough. So, I look back on photos and reminisce.

No comments:

Post a Comment